Friday, August 11, 2006

Cottage Time

I must try to remember,
That remembering’s not the key.
What getting it right is really all about,
Is just forgetting me.

There’s always time, and you don’t want it to happen,
Before you’ve had enough time not to know,
What it’s like not really getting it,
Because that’s what makes it a really good show.

The other part is keeping at it forever,
And not losing yourself back at the place,
You were before because you don’t want to give up,
The irresponsibility that makes you safe.

And it’s alright,
If you want to stay there, I guess.
It can sometimes be more comfortable wanting,
Than actually getting comfortableness.


I’m not saying I’m sad,
Like the truly desolate.
But, with all of the options one has in this world,
I haven’t monopolized on them.

A life unknown is nothing, that is my statement.
And by unknown I mean by the multitudes.
Every movie shows that everyone touches someone,
But volume means meaning I assume.

This wish for fame is not uncommon, I know,
It’s probably more universal than money.
There must be something good in you, though,
To be lauded by your fellow human beings.

And it’s alright,
I guess there’s lots of time left in my life,
To continue having these thoughts of fame.
I’m sure with them my waking hours will be rife.


I must get my act together,
And rearrange my life,
To recognize that there are more hours in the day,
Than I’ve taken advantage of.

And what is it that I have to offer,
I’ll tell you that it’s potentially a lot,
If I can maybe keep my head focused,
And, er, something else I remember not.

Is there something sacrificed in the attention,
That must be given to something that is long?
Only if you abandon the original thought,
That was short but sweet, just like a song.

And it’s alright,
Not if I never actually get it done,
I proclaim right now if I never do it,
I’ve failed in what was my entire reason.


I'm at a loss for words,
Though my last line belies that,
And the one just after,
Is actually a proof of that fact.

I'm surrounded by noise of unnatural kinds,
And probably being effected by waves,
Of all kinds, the things one does for relaxation.
The thing that's killing you've been thinking will save.

Regardless of it all the people I've met,
Will have to reimerge from the self imposed hiding.
I know they've had things to do and have worked hard,
But it's time they've invited me to where they're residing.

And it's alright,
I don't mean to take over their place,
But they need some atmosphere, and I am it,
If they are looking for a fulfilling pace.

No comments: