Monday, October 30, 2006

Justice

What world are we living in?
And by 'we', I mean everyone.
Surely there is something that we can all point to,
Even if it's that we're all human.

I have been raised to believe violence is wrong,
Though there is violence everywhere that I look.
At least when I look at the news.
Violence so intense the world should have shook.

And here I sit, not unconcerned for my safety,
For I still lock my doors at night.
And often times I'll not confront an injustice,
Because I'd rather not confront a fight.

And it's alright,
I'm just saving myself for the right time.
I know injustice needs to be fought eventually.
Until then, I can imagine everything's just fine

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I would like to have your e-mail back. I lost everything in my former hotmail box.

onyeka.nwelue@hotmail.com