Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Builder

I want to be a builder,
So I'm practicing everyday,
With toys of different materials,
Like blocks and lego and clay,

First I give a name,
To the thing I want to make,
Like zoomobile or around-the-corner house,
Whatever pops into my brain,

Then I draw what it looks like,
Because you need to have a plan,
And in case it accidentally falls apart,
And you want to build it again.

And it's alright,
If I don't build everything I want to,
You just need to finish one building,
To know what you can do.

2 comments:

sheree said...

I've been away from my home computer. Gald i checked in. You are on a great roll! Verse for your kids can be verse for all kids. And fun! So joyful. Serious Joy. Read lots of the best from the past. Anthologies are such a good source. From the oldies to the new ones- lots of inspiration. There's a great blog on children's poetry to check out -google "poetry at play"-- I think you might enjoy. Also, an online children's poetry magazine called The Scrumbler. Watch your mailbox. Question : Do you read all your poems out loud? It helps with scansion.

sheree said...

That would be GLAD I checked in.